Thursday, January 17, 2013

The third month...

Some of you may remember back when James was 4 month old, how he had some sleep regression and I spent literally all day getting him to sleep. Well, Ellie decided to do the same thing at 3 months. So the last few weeks we've been working out teaching her sleep, and its been an uphill struggle with very little sleep for anyone in the house.

But a few days ago I found a tip in the book I was reading (healthy sleep habits, healthy child) that putting her down 20 min earlier than the time she looked tired would allow her to have time to put herself to sleep without being overtired. LO and behold, it worked! She now naps way better. She doesn't sleep long stretches any more at night, only 4 hrs at a time, but I think it will get better from here.

Ellie is discovering her hands more and can just about grab anything she is interested in. She also "talks" a LOT, so much so that sometimes I have a hard time figuring out if it is her waking up or James. :-)

James's cute moment of the day was when I put a button up shirt on him and he pointed at it and said, "Daddy!" Because Eliot always wears button up shirts.

Meanwhile, I've been working on redecorating our guest bathroom on the side. Maybe because I need to be able to be in control of SOMETHING. I'll post some pics when it's done.

Also, I turned 29. And now I shall stop aging.

Here are a couple if shots of our activities around the house.

























No comments:

Post a Comment