Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ellie is 11 months old!!

Ellie is 11 months old today. I know I keep saying time is flying by, but it really is! I still think of her as a little baby who rolls around on the floor, and suddenly she is getting close to toddlerhood. I'm not ready!

Since we will be visiting Disneyland in a matter of days, I thought it appropriate to dress Ellie in the Minnie Mouse peasant dress I made her for her 11 month photo shoot. :-)

Things that are new with Ellie:

She says "Mama" when she is upset and wants me.
She is super clingy and gets really mad when I walk away from her for any reason.
She cruises the furniture and can squat down to pick something up and then return to standing.
She looooooves to get into her brother's toys (especially his cars, which makes him really upset).
She has almost mastered light switches and already effectively operates doors and buttons.
She adores her Daddy and watches him when he walks around the room.
She is REALLY FAST and can get into anything in an instant!
She has no teeth yet (really!).
She eats chunky solid food of all varieties. She's not too fond of mixed veggies, but other than that she will hoover whatever you give her down in seconds. Ellie also is learning how to use a spoon, but she has absolutely mastered all sippy cups (even James's) without much training at all.
She is almost always sleeping through the night now.
She loves to clap when you say clap, wave when you say wave, and knows what to do when you say "turn the page" and "the end." She loves to clap when you say "Yay Ellie!"
She HATES her car seat and will WAIL if in it for more than a few minutes. I'm hoping she outgrows this.
She is an absolute joy to be around, and I love her so much!

And while we are at it, here's what James is up to:
He still LOVES his cars and sleeps with at least one (if not 10) every night. He even stole a few from Papa's house. He doesn't have a specific favorite, they are on a rotating basis I think.
He is 97% potty trained (YAY!)
He gets jealous of his sister a lot and hates to share. He tries to steal any toy Ellie has and will even push her down to keep her away from his stuff (we are working on this).
BUT, he is super sweet with his sister. He gives her hugs and kisses and says, "I love Ewwie" all the time without our prompting.
He loves to sing Jesus Loves Me allllll the time, specifically in the car to "help Ewwie feel better" or at night as he is in his bed going to sleep (we hear it through the monitor). He also sings a number song.
He loves to count. He's pretty much got 1-20 down, and we are working on the others!
His current favorite movie is "The one with the clocks," which is Pinocchio.
His speech has exploded and he will say back any word to throw at him.
He loves to help me cook and gets upset when I cook without him.

That's all I can think of right now... they are busy little beavers!

No comments:

Post a Comment