Sunday, May 15, 2011

What if Your blessings come through raindrops...

This song has spoken so deeply to me lately as we are facing one of the biggest trials we've ever had to face (no job, no health insurance past July...).



I've struggled again and again asking the Lord why He's let us get to this point, why we are still waiting for an answer and why there is so much uncertainty in our future. He's spoken to me through this song... no matter how stressed or scared I get, He is there, He hears me. And you know what? He's making us stronger every day through this trial. We are so used to associating His blessings with good things (a sunny day, a celebration) that we forget that sometimes His blessings come through something a bit different...

Romans 5:3-5 says "...we rejoice in suffering. We know that suffering produces patience, patience produces character, character produces hope. Hope will never deceive us; for, the love of God has been poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."

I have to remember that time of so much uncertainty is growing us in ways we can't even imagine. The Lord has already transformed our marriage into something so strong by holding us together in a time of financial strain. I can see how this will be a blessing in disguise, or at least I can see the silver lining. I know He has great plans for our family, and I will hold onto that true hope for dear life every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment