Monday, April 30, 2012

It's a...










GIRL!!! We are so excited! I was hoping for a girl, and now after so many boys in the family we finally can all think pink!

The ultrasound today went well overall...It was amazing to see our little girl moving around. She even yawned at one point! It was amazing. And James did as well as to be expected, he was antsy but interested in the screen. At the end the doctor came in and told me that there was a slight thickening to a muscle in the heart and that is one of the more minor signs of down syndrome. He said she didn't have any of the other 30 markers and this is a fairly common thing for babies to have who don't have downs, but still it freaked me out and put a damper on the day. He said he chance of having downs syndrome is 2 out of 10.  I'm trying hard to breathe and tell myself everything is ok, but I am a bit scared. THIS is exactly why I don't get any of the blood testing done... there is NOTHING I can do about it and I will love this baby the same no matter what. Oh, and the guy kept telling me I should have no problem delivering in the birth center as if I had asked his permission. That including the extra hour and 30 minutes wait time (seriously) with a squirmy toddler in tow reminded me of why I went with a midwife this time instead of an OB!
But anyway, despite that one piece of news, we are very happy to be having a girl! Ultrasound pic to come, I promise!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment