Friday, March 15, 2013

Ellie's first solid food!

Ellie is sitting up (supported) very well and keeps reaching for my food, so I decided that she may be ready to try some solids. Today was the day (At 5 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day)! She tried some oatmeal baby cereal mixed with breastmilk and she LOVED it. I only gave her about a tablespoon and a half, but she probably would have eaten more if I had given her more. She didn't spit much out, she opened here mouth most of the time, and she gobbled it all up in minutes! I'm not too surprised... I've been watching her take big developmental leaps (almost getting on hands and knees, almost army crawling) and I could just tell she was ready. My pediatrician mentioned she may be ok to start solids sooner than 6mo because of her growing really well... I think she was right.

Anyway, my little girl is starting to eat FOOD. Lord help me, I'm not ready for this!












P.S. Sorry about the wonky pic sizes... I don't have time to go back and fix it!

Here is a video of her enjoying her first solid food!


And I added a couple more pics to the Spring 2013 album. :-)
Spring 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment