Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Latest projects

First of all, I have to say that it was surprising to see my baby ticker on the right be SO CLOSE to the end! This baby is getting pretty close to being born... wow...

Anyway, I finally got around to going to Joann's today to get fabric to make a boppy cover... now I have two so if one is in the wash I still have another one.

Here is the result (sorry the first one is blurry):



Close up of "cows in shorts"...



The back...



It came together very quickly, I was surprised. For anyone who doesn't know, by the way, a boppy is a breastfeeding support pillow that you can also use for tummy time for baby.

I also made these little creations from some onesies Mary Helen gave us and some iron-on transfers. I had a bit of a problem with the transfers, so they aren't all as metallic as they should be, but, meh. They are legible, my back hurts, who cares. :-)





My other project for this week is to make a medium sized wet bag using leftover materials from the diaper bag I made earlier and some polyurethane laminated (PUL) fabric I got on sale at Joanns (it is breathable waterproof fabric used to make covers for cloth diapers). I have a very large bag and two very small bags right now, and I'd like one in the middle so I have options. Unfortunately, to buy a nice medium-sized bag is about $20... by making it myself it costs about $5. It will hopefully be a wet/dry bag with a pocket on the front for the clean clothes or diapers and a big waterproof pocket in the middle for the dirty ones. We'll see how it comes out...

In other news, we are having a cold snap causing frost tonight, and Eliot had to take all our fuchsias into the garage because we have a frost advisory. In MAY. Usually we are getting close to putting in the air conditioners about now, but this year it has just been darn cold. Tomorrow is supposed to be 70, though, and our "plant the garden" day on Saturday is supposed to be 68 and sunny. Friday's forecast calls for "abundant sun." Now that's something you don't hear too often for Oregon.

Time to go enjoy some of the peach pear crisp I made earlier with some non-fat frozen vanilla yogurt. Mmm...

Oh, and check out eliotgrasso.com when you have time... we revamped the whole thing this week.

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes lady! You are just cranking out the projects! and they all look so good. Sometimes, only sometimes, you make me wish I could sew. Ok, not really, cuz I don't have the patience for it. But way cute!!

    ReplyDelete