Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cranky cranky cranky

I haven't been writing much because I've just been trying to cope with life.... Eliot is working furiously on his dissertation, and since he has an added class to his GTF duties that he hadn't expected, all of that plus students pretty much means I take care of James on my own all day, every day. I love the little guy, but I never get a break... and since he's been really crabby recently (don't know why, no teeth have come in or look like they are coming in), it's been extra trying.

I've also been worried about where we will go next. But there's nothing I can do about that.

James has been exploring more of his world recently. He likes grabbing everything in sight... when we went out to Macaroni Grill the other night to celebrate my aunt Diane's birthday, I realized that we are now those people who push everything to the center of the table to keep their baby from grabbing anything. He is so inquisitive, he loves inspecting everything he can get his hands on (including his hands themselves!). I think he's very mechanical, he can figure out how to open and close things and can move things to get to other things, etc.

James still can't sit very sturdily, I have to spot him so he doesn't fall and hurt himself. He's still not crawling at all either... he sort of digs his back feet in and puts his bum up in the air, but he doesn't go very far. Mostly he gets to things by rolling.

But he's a charmer. He smiles at everyone who smiles at him. I love taking him out (besides it being a pain to drag all his stuff around) because he loves to look at everything and is just taking in the whole world.

I am working on his 6 and 7 month videos, I am behind because of the holidays. So I don't have any pics to post yet as I'm working on that project... but I promise I'll get his Eighth Month photo album up soon! (Oh my goodness, eighth month already!).

No comments:

Post a Comment