Monday, July 1, 2013

Ellie is 9 months old!!

Ellie turned 9 months old this past Saturday, while we were in Bend celebrating our friend Katie's wedding. Here are a few developments with our little Miss Eleanore:

She is CRAWLING!! She started crawling at 8 months and 3.5 weeks on her knees. Before that she was just getting up with one leg sticking out to the side and then pushing down to her stomach. Now she is full-on crawling and into EVERYTHING!

She eats anything she finds on the floor. I've found the following things in her mouth recently (much to my chagrin)- My laptop power cord, a piece of plastic bag, James's cars, old cheerios from the floor, a used tissue, Eliot's foot. :-)

She babbles ALL the time. She started by saying ba ba ba, then ma ma ma, then gah, and now combinations like "gah ba ma." It's shocking to us to hear it because I'm pretty sure James was silent until well into his first year. I'm excited that she is showing speech sounds so early... it is the first thing that really stands out to me that separates my experience with her from her brother. I've never had a baby communicate with me like this this early!

She eats almost anything we put in front of her. She LOVES her cereal puffs and gets all happy by kicking her legs when she hears me shake the container. Ellie has moved on to picking up foods and self- feeding largely... she has the pincer grasp now with her thumb and forefinger.

Ellie is starting to warm up to strangers. She used to have a lot of separation anxiety and stranger anxiety, but she's growing out of it. Thank goodness.

She likes her play kitchen, she spends a lot of time opening and closing the doors. She also likes to turn pages and is pretty good at turning the pages when we read together.

I could go on and on, but suffice to say we love our little jelly bean and are so happy that she is (for the most part) easy-going and pleasant to have around.

Now to go put up those darn gates again...





No comments:

Post a Comment