Saturday, September 4, 2010

James is 11 weeks old today!

Our little boy is growing up! He's now lifting not only his head but his shoulders as well. He's also reaching for objects like rings and toys and starting to grab them! We've also heard his sounds become more varied... sometimes it sounds like giggles, sometimes squeals, and often almost singing or babbling. It's fun to interact with him when he's like that.

The sleep training is just not going well... he isn't taking quality naps during the day because he used to sleep in our arms for 2-3 hours and now just takes 20 minute cat naps during the day. This I think is making him overtired so he doesn't sleep as well at night. He now gets up every two hours at night and most of the time demands to be fed (I did manage to hold him off for an extra hour and a half from 1am to 2:30am last night). I feel like even the long stretches he did have are deteriorating, and I'm so exhausted I can barely think straight. I haven't had more than a 5-hour stretch of sleep since he was born, and I only get that because Eliot gives him a bottle or two in the mornings. I feel totally wrecked.

So James isn't a good sleeper. But at least he isn't a crier. And he's pretty even-tempered for the most part. He isn't as "happy" as he used to be, but I think that's because he's so tired. I'm hoping he gets used to sleeping in his crib soon so we can all get some more sleep!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from this week:

Soaker diaper cover made by Great-grandma Carroll




James reaching for toys




Sunflower in the backyard




First trip out in the stroller without the car seat attached






11 weeks old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment