Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Baby laughs!

James laughed for the first time yesterday! I was tickling him on the changing table and he actually laughed instead of doing the normal giggle/squeak thing he normally does. I couldn't get him to do it again for Eliot, but today we were all dozing on our bed and he started laughing in his SLEEP! It was unbearably cute. I wish I could see what he was dreaming about...

I'm a believer now of the sleep begets sleep school... when he doesn't get enough sleep, he is so cranky he cries when we try to put him down for a nap. When he's had lots of naps and a good night of sleep, he goes down without a fuss. Last night he had a terrible night of sleep (up every 2 hours) and so today he was lethargic and didn't want to play, not to mention pretty cranky. So this afternoon we let him sleep for an hour, gave him a snack, and put back to bed for another hour and a half. Then we gave him his bath and a meal, and 45 minutes later he pretty much fell asleep on his own for the night. No fussing or anything. If only that was every night...

Eliot's parents are here visiting and I wish I had more energy to be social, but I'm just plain exhausted. I am so glad they are understanding about it. We went to the university today and took a walk since it was just beautiful outside.

Time for some dinner and diaper laundry, in that order! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment