Friday, October 1, 2010

Laughter makes everything better.

Last night around 11pm I am laying in bed reading to go to sleep, when suddenly I hear music coming from the baby monitor. I turn on the camera (we have a video monitor), and what do I find? James has figured out how to turn on the rainforest soother (that plays music when you hit a little bird on the front of it) by rolling to the left and kicking his feet! The funniest part was that the soother was low on batteries, so it only played for a second or two before turning off. So James would roll to the left, kick at it until it lit up and played music, giggle hysterically, and then repeat the whole process when it shut off due to low batteries. He did this for about 10 minutes while I laughed myself silly watching in the next room. Then the batteries totally died and he just wanted to eat. But still... SO cute!

Tonight I made some butternut squash baby food to put in the freezer for 2.5 months down the road when James can start eating pureed foods. I've also put up organic green beans and zucchini from our garden so we will have some things to start with. :-)

There is a bit less screaming around the house, so it's getting more tolerable. We're both still not getting much sleep though since James is waking up at midnight, 3am, and 5am to eat. But we went for a walk down by the river and I think the fresh air helped us all. James seemed to LOVE being outdoors and liked hearing the birds.

Please pray for us that Eliot can get a job in the PNW... right now most of the jobs are on the east coast and I would rather not move there for a couple of reasons (the weather, the logistics/cost of moving cross-country, the traffic, the population density, taking James away from his cousins, being away from my family, etc). It would be nice to be near Eliot's family and our friends over there, but I just really love living in Oregon and would miss it terribly. There has been lots of jobs opening up recently, so there's hope... just none are in the west. I guess we'll see what God has planned for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment