Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cereal is a no-go!

I have been watching James closely and he's getting pretty close to hitting a lot of the milestones for starting him on rice cereal. Given that my pediatrician said it was OK to put it in his bottle if he looks hungry still (which I'd rather not do but give it to him on a spoon instead so he eats his food instead of drinks it), I thought I'd give it a try and see if he was at all interested in rice cereal.

He's not.

I made it very very thin and mixed it with warm breastmilk... he made a face at the texture and spit it out. He tolerated 4 more tries (he was opening his mouth, I wasn't forcing it) before he started to cry and had had enough. So, we'll be waiting a few more weeks. Good to know where he is at though. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment