Sunday, December 19, 2010

James is 6 months old!!!

Happy half-birthday to my little bean! I can't believe it's been half a year already... he's growing too fast!

We were going to go to the Cascade Raptor Center to celebrate (because James could look at all the birds), but it is mostly outdoor and it is raining cats and dogs today. So we may go to the indoor holiday market instead.

But at least we did get to take some pictures!






And I finally finished James's stocking! I stitched it all by hand and it took a LOOOONG time!


New developments this week:
James is eating a lot more solid foods. He now has had pears, pumpkin, apples, prunes, summer squash, rice cereal, sweet potato, and banana. He also had green beans, but he hated them so he didn't eat much!

He also his getting a lot more coordinated... for example, yesterday I saw him pull out his pacifier to stick another toy in his mouth (whereas a few weeks ago he would just try to put the toy in his mouth even the though the pacifier is in it already and get frustrated as to why he couldn't chew the toy). Eliot also said he found James's binky across the room this morning from the crib, which means he can throw objects now!

James is also sleeping a bit better now that we are weaning him off the swaddle (he pretty much weaned himself by pulling his arms out of it and rolling over so much). He did a 7-hour stint from 9pm to 4am last night. Which means I got a 4-hour stretch from midnight to 4 since I am used to being up for his midnight feeding!

I feel so blessed to have this little smiley guy in our lives. It's amazing to watch him discover the world, and I thank the Lord every day that I am the one who gets to introduce everything to him. He's the bet gift we've ever been given. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment