Friday, December 2, 2011

Injuries

Today James hurt himself in every conceivable manner. He was teething already and was in pain from that (likely his canines coming in). To add to that, he tripped and fell into not one but TWO pieces of furniture while I watched HORRIFIED from across the room. The first one was him losing his balance and falling face-first into the corner of the piano (which usually has a soft pad on it, but he had ripped it off earlier).

The second injury happened when he tripped over himself (not a toy or anything) and fell nose-first into the book case where we store his toys. It was awful... blood was everywhere, pouring from his nose into his mouth and then he'd put his hand in his mouth and wipe the blood everywhere else. I was so freaked out that his nose was broken or worse, and I just held him against me and tried to think about what to do. Luckily, the bleeding stopped pretty quickly and I think his nose is ok, just a little swollen and with a big gash on it.

To make matters worse, I think James doesn't digest kiwis well, and he's had a BAD diaper rash the past 2 days (which he NEVER gets). So he screams at diaper changing time too.

I'm so exhausted and wish my poor little guy wasn't so black and blue. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment