Saturday, December 17, 2011

Lopez Island: Day 2

James is still fighting a cold, but I decided to get out of the house anyway since we are on vacation, afterall. So I put James on my back and we went for a hike at the Shark Reef Sanctuary, which starts off in the woods and winds it's way out to the edge of the island where there is a view of a rock called Shark Reef. I've been told the seals hang out there, but I didn't see any today, just birds. James also lost his binky somewhere along the way, so he contributed something to the sanctuary (he doesn't normally get his binky during the day, but since he isn't napping and is sick, I thought I'd make it more pleasant for all of us and let him have it).

After the hike, we went back to the house and ELiot made it home from his gig on Orcas Island. We hung out for awhile before heading down to Watmough beach so Eliot could see it. There was a boat docked there this time. After that we had dinner and I prepped James for bed, only to get him up 20 minutes later to go see the first 30 minutes or so of ELiot's concert in town on the other side of the island. James was so cute saying "dada" and clapping with the audience, but he was also exhausted and therefore slaphappy, which made him want to get down and run around. We left early so I could get him to bed at a decent hour.

Overall, though, not a bad day despite James not napping for the 4th day in a row.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Here are a few short videos from our hike:






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment