Friday, November 6, 2009

1st Doctor's appt!

We had our first appt. today... Eliot was a HUGE help because I was up half the night nauseous and didn't feel like doing anything let alone going to the appt to be poked and prodded. He filled out all my paperwork and did a great job being supportive, even when I got sick (luckily in the bathroom) halfway through the appt. It seems my morning sickness had come about in full force here in the 8th week of pregnancy!

They took a urine sample, weighed me (astonishingly I only gained like 3 or 4 lbs so far), and then I met our doctor, Dr. Betterton. She was very nice and was patient with me even in my illness. She checked out all the normal things to check and then discovered (as I had already known) that I have a retroverted uterus (tilts to the back). So, to do an ultrasound to make sure everything is a-ok with the baby, she had to do a transvaginal ultrasound instead of the traditional "stomach" kind (yes, it is as fun as it sounds!). Here is what she found:

From Baby stuff!

I am pretty sure the plus sign is at the head... and you can see little arms and legs! There is only ONE baby in there (yay!) and it's little heart was beating away!! The doctor said everything looks great, but the baby is measuring small (which I had suspected because I know I ovulated late).
Here are a few more pics, though you can't see much. Our little gummy bear is still growing!
From Baby stuff!

From Baby stuff!


Other than that, I got my H1N1 shot (the last one in the office!) and they drew a LOT of blood for the pregnancy blood panel. But it's official... healthy little baby gummy bear living inside me!

We are going back in 4 weeks, and I am hoping by that time I won't feel so sick. The only reason I am even able to type this now is due to my Seabands and some ginger I took to help the nausea. I plan on curling up in a little ball and sleeping for the rest of the day. The cat has joined me purring in the bed and we THREE are enjoying a lazy afternoon hearing the rain on the roof. If only Eliot could be here then it would be perfect. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment