Saturday, March 20, 2010

28 weeks! Little chinese cabbage!!!

I am officially 28 weeks today, and absolutely 100% for sure in my third trimester! I am so thrilled to be nearing the finish line (a little nervous, but mostly just excited). It's been such a blessing to watch the weather change to spring (it's officially spring today too!) and know that is the season this little one will know first. :-) My favorite season... how appropriate!

Here is what is going on with our little one this week:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.



Today is such a beautiful day... I am letting Eliot sleep in for once and making him homemade waffles (I'll add wheatgerm and ground almonds for a boost) with boysenberry syrup. He has been a wonderful support person during this pregnancy and I am so thankful he is so helpful and understanding. :-)

Off to make waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment