Monday, March 29, 2010

29 weeks!! Little Butternut Squash!!

I am 29 weeks as of Saturday (I was busy with the shower and a maternity photo shoot an haven't had time to post- sorry!). Here is what is going on with baby Grasso this week:

Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.




I have been occupied both with putting away shower gifts (it's like a baby atom bomb went off in our house and there is stuff EVERYWHERE!) and painting tree murals in the nursery. So there should be two posts following shortly, one about the shower and another with pics of the nursery! But for now I need to go hang some shelves... I'll post soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment