Friday, August 27, 2010

Immunizations... ouch!

Poor James got his first round of immunizations yesterday at his 2-month check up. As a result, he has been CRANKY ever since. I had to give him some tylenol yesterday because he was screaming (pain cry screaming) for 30 min or so 4 hours after the shots. He calmed down after that and slept most of the rest of the day. But MAN is he cranky. He has no patience for anything right now, which is a departure from his usual happy-go-lucky self.

The 2-month check up went well. James is 12 pounds now! He's in the 50th percentile for weight and 25th percentile for head circumference and length. I think his length was like 22 3/4 inches, but I'd have to look it up to be sure. The doctor said he looks great, really healthy and happy. He even smiled for her a bit. She also said that the next two months are the "golden months" as he is happy most of the time and calms down easily. We're looking forward to it!

I have been having what my mom calls "mother guilt," first from reading about how you shouldn't watch tv while nursing but should be bonding with you baby. Well, I bond with him plenty between feeding sessions, but he doesn't really look at me while nursing and I would get a crick in my neck if I tried to look at him the whole time. So... I asked some fellow mommies in my birth club on Baby Center and they all confirmed that they ALL read/check e-mail.watch tv while nursing. It's how we stay awake and get things done!

The second thing I feel guilty about is pumping and bottle feeding him so much. The doctor caused this one, by asking, "So you're pretty much nursing him all the time now, right?" after I had talked about my initial nursing problems. So now I am trying to nurse him as much as possible since our latch probs are mostly resolved.... and my supply is adjusting down accordingly, causing some painful moments (I was pumping more than he needs and now I have a huge stash in my freezer). Oh well...

Tomorrow he turns 10 weeks old! I can't believe it, he's growing so fast. I will try to post some pics. I am also working on his 2-month video, hoping to get it done this weekend. But for now he's waking up from his catnap and I'm starving, so off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment