Sunday, October 18, 2009

6 weeks!

I am six weeks today... and starting to feel like it! Amid many, MANY trips to the bathroom and my body forgetting how to digest food properly, it's been a heck of a pregnancy week. I am exhausted, elated, stressed, overwhelmed, and hopeful. Only a few more weeks till my doctor's appt...

I am focusing on doing two tasks this week to keep myself active and getting stuff done... making something for dad's 60th b-day dinner every night, and going to go get new At&t cell phones with Eliot (while keeping our old number) since my screen died on my phone today and we both need new ones. If we can switch carriers for a cheaper plan and free phones, why not??
I will also be trying to finish some of my Christmas shopping/projects so I can be stress-free for the holidays!

I found this video from NOVA online that is kind of what is happening in these few weeks of my pregnancy.... a miracle to be sure!

I also get updates from baby center about what is going on week per week, and this is what it said this week:
This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute -- almost twice as fast as yours -- and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.

I can't believe there is another life inside me with a beating heart, it just doesn't seem possible. I hope our little bean is healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment