Monday, October 5, 2009

I have a doctor!

I called and made my first appointment with the OB doctor today... the woman scheduling me and was nice and very helpful. The appt. is on Nov. 6th, which is when I will be 8 1/2 weeks along (I think) and will probably be able to at least see the heartbeat (!!!). I can't believe how amazing this all is, it's just so strange to think that there is another person inside me. What a miracle.

I also asked the office about flu shots, she didn't seem too worried about it and said I can get one when I come to my appt. We will probably send Eliot out for one at Walgreens (they don't have them at our regular office yet) since he is at the university and picks up all kinds of bugs there.

As for me, I am trying to get some sleep, but I have a lot of restless nights tossing and turning, and I feel queasy multiple times in the day if I don't eat when I should. Yuck. Oh well... comes with the territory!

And on the cravings side... I've had enormous cravings for Cream of Wheat like dad used to make it, with salt and margarine (not butter, lets not get carried away!). I haven't had cream of wheat for years, and now I want it for every meal! I make sure that I eat a considerably balanced diet, though, as I did before pregnancy anyway.

Gotta go eat before trekking up to Portland to sing with the Chorale! I guess I won't get to sing in their last concert this season (the 25th anniversary one) with them... boo... Well, I guess a baby is a good reason not to get to sing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment