Saturday, December 26, 2009

16 weeks! Hola little avocado!!

Merry (belated) Christmas everyone!! I am officially 16 weeks today... Christmas was a rough day for me health wise... if I get up even an hour earlier than my normal schedule I get very ill and am nauseous for the rest of the day. It's quite awful and I spent Christmas morning losing my Christmas breakfast, which Eliot so lovingly prepared for me.
:-)

My dad came down for Christmas morning and we had a great time hanging out and opening presents before heading out to Jake and Jodi's for a delicious dinner. Dad thankfully took the time to install a dimmer switch in the nursery, and Diane generously gave us this lovely stroller which has a place for our car seat (from Nathan and Lindy) to clip on the top! It is super cute and we had fun putting it together.

Eliot also gave me the carpet cleaner I wanted (yay Eliot!), we are getting a beautiful glider and ottoman set from Eliot's parents, and my mom gave us this Mozart Magic Cube that we are already playing for the baby (he/she can hear already!). We also ordered this crib this week with our Christmas money, to arrive the first week of January. Things are coming together!!

Here is what is happening with Baby Grasso this week:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, some Christmas pics!
From Winter 2009/2010

From Winter 2009/2010

From Winter 2009/2010

From Winter 2009/2010

Merry Christmas one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment