Saturday, December 5, 2009

Week 13! Little shrimp!

Since my due date got bumped up to June 12, I now get to change over my weeks on Saturdays instead of Sundays! So here we are, 13 weeks. Many people say that 13 weeks is the beginning of the second trimester, others say it is 14 weeks... I will wait till next week to do my celebrating since today was filled with nausea and fatigue. However, I am now relatively out of the danger zone for miscarriage, and the risk drops to less than 3% after you hear the heartbeat (163 bpm and going strong!). Since our doctor said everything looks absolutely normal and great, I am feeling less scared about losing the baby and more just excited about parenthood.

Here is what is going on this week with our little one:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment