Friday, December 4, 2009

Doctor's appt #2!

We went to our doctor's appt today and got to hear our little one's heartbeat! At first the nurse had a hard time finding the heartbeat because the baby was waaay back towards my spine, but she finally found it. The heart rate was 163, and everything is measuring perfectly normal for the pregnancy!! The doctor also looked at my eating chart (I tracked my food for 3 days) and said everything looks really good. I also asked about my lab tests, which all came back as normal.

We asked about the due date since the baby was measuring small at my last appt, and the doctor said June 12th is the official date! :-)

Eliot and I celebrated with a 2 for $20 meal at Chilis and a walk around the mall looking at cute baby clothes and Christmas-y items. Then Jodi and Jake called about some formal Yule Ball the graduate students are having in the music department, but I (both sadly and gratefully) don't have ANY formal clothes I fit into at this point. Even though I've only gained 4lbs so far, I still have this bump to contend with in the front!

The doctor also said in the next week is when I will probably "pop," that is, start showing more like a pregnancy and less like Santa Claus after too many cookies and nog.

So things are going VERY well, and we couldn't be more excited. I am so happy most of all to be able to put on my PJs and watch Night at the Museum 2 with Eliot with the glow of the Christmas tree to keep all THREE of us warm. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment