Saturday, January 16, 2010

19 weeks! Little heirloom tomato!!

I am 19 weeks today! One week away from the halfway point! Today has been filled with activity (cleaning the house, shopping, and working on the nursery). The down side to an active day is the round ligament pain associated with it... by the end of the day I am so exhausted and sore that I can't do anything but sit and watch the Office. :-)

I am also getting REALLY excited to find out the gender of the baby next week! I keep wanting to register for stuff that is gender specific, but can't. And when I am in the store I have to just bypass the baby section since I will be tempted to buy (pink) stuff. Boy? Girl? Boy? Girl? Who knows!

I have also been craving grilled cheese and grapefruits this week. Not at the same time. I also made a big pan of brownies tonight... yum!

Mom is coming down this next week and we are making some baby quilts with fabric we bought this past week (gender neutral, with critters so it will match the nursery!). I am SO excited to spend time with my mom and make something for our little one. I have been doctoring up old receiving blankets, putting ribbon on them and making them pretty to use as burp cloths. Eliot thought I was nuts making something look good that our baby will be throwing up on... I said, "Hey, I'm nesting! Let me have this!"

We have decided to put the name search on hold till after we know the gender... it's pretty narrowed down anyway, but I think we are just tired of not knowing what we are having, and knowing will make the decision process easier. I can't believe we have the responsibility of NAMING another person! But as my Jane Kirkpatrick books always remind me, to name is to love. I want to make sure it is meaningful and well-suited to our little one.

Here is what is going on with baby Grasso this week:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment