Sunday, January 24, 2010

20 week bump pic!

I am now officially 20 weeks as of yesterday! And since it's been 4 weeks since the last bump pic, here is the progression thus far with a new bump pic!


4 weeks

8 weeks

12 weeks

16 weeks

20 weeks!

20 weeks!

Here is what is going on this week with our little monkey:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).


I also know he is moving around a lot more, as I feel him kicking every night (never in the mornings... must be a night owl like his mama!). We are starting to think about names but haven't nailed anything down yet... I've been feeling unwell for the past couple days and therefore haven't gotten much done in the baby name department. Oh well, we have lots of time!

I also went out today and FINALLY bought myself some new shoes with my birthday money. I splurged and bought some Nikes that have good support for lots of walking and have this awesome feature called Nike +... basically, you put this transmitter into a hole on the inside of the shoe (under the insole) and it records your steps, then sends that info to your iPod and records distance, calories burned, pace, and time of your walk/workout. Then, as you listen to music on your iPod as you walk, it talks to you every once in awhile to tell you how you are doing and details about you time/pace/distance. If you set a calorie burning goal and you are starting to slow down, it will let you know you need to speed up, which is when you can hit the middle button on your iPod for a "power song" to get you moving again.

I tried the whole system out while walking around the house for 10 minutes and it is awesome! Then I hooked my iPod up to my computer and it sent my workout info to the Nike + website where it stores my progress. Isn't technology amazing? I am just glad I decided to buy something for ME for once, something that will keep me in shape and help me lose the baby weight after our little one is born. The only downside is having to take the transmitter out when you are just running errands, otherwise it loses battery life by trying to find the iPod while you are walking. Still, I am glad I bought the shoes. They are a bit wider than the other shoes I tried on as well, just in case my feet expand during the next few months!

Here is a pic of my beautiful new shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment