Sunday, January 31, 2010

21 weeks! Little banana!!

Our little one is 21 weeks as of Saturday (forgot to post before midnight, sorry!). I can't believe I am over halfway through my pregnancy. Though our son seems to be ready to run a marathon... he is kicking harder than ever! It is usually when I am sitting or laying down, but it happens every day now.

I also noticed that my tummy is starting to get in the way and I am starting to run into things with my new shape since I am not used to being this round! My doc says I am right on schedule for weight gain, though, and I am staying active with prenatal yoga and lots of walking so I will have the energy to chase after a little boy!

Here is what is going on with our little on this week:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.


So, pretty much what I have been experiencing! Our little one was 10 ounces at our ultrasound at 20 weeks. Our next doctor's appt isn't till mid February, and then on the 20th we take a hospital tour and paint the nursery green for our forest! The (possible) murals will have to wait though till March, we'll do it in shifts so it is not an overwhelming project. :-)

That's all for now....

Oh, also.... I think we chose a name. But we're not telling what it is yet, just in case. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment