Saturday, June 5, 2010

39 weeks! Little Watermelon!!!

I am 39 weeks today! One week to go until my due date (As if that means that much anyway...). I'm sorry to say that all of you who voted for "before June 5th" are now officially disqualified from the "when will the baby be born" poll (Believe me, I was rooting for you!). Feel free to change your vote, I won't mind. :-)

Anyway, here is what is happening with our little on this week:

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment