Thursday, June 10, 2010

40 week doctor's appointment

I had my 40 week appointment today (two days early)... baby is still good (heart rate 155bpm), my blood pressure is still borderline, and I lost 3 lbs! WOOHOO!! The swelling has decreased a ton, and I think that is what caused the weight to drop. Thank goodness for the unseasonably cool weather we've been having...

I am "almost 2" cm dilated and my cervix is soft on the bottom. But no significant progress. SO... I get to wait a week, and then next Friday I will be going in to see where things are at and most likely get an induction if I have not delivered by then (41 weeks). This seems like the best option for both me and the baby, as babies who go too long past their due date have their own set of problems. I really would like to NOT be induced as it would lend to more medical intervention than I would like, but I will do whatever I need to to keep everyone involved healthy!

The sad sad sad news is my wonderful doctor is having surgery next week and won't be able to deliver my baby! :-( She will just be around this weekend through Monday. So we need to have this baby this weekend to have my doctor around. Everyone do a labor dance and say some prayers for us please!!

I also asked the doc how big she thinks the baby is, and she said 7 1/2 to 8lbs. All the more reason to get this kiddo out this weekend!

Regardless, it sounds like this baby is coming by the 18th or 19th. We're all hoping he arrives a lot sooner, but to induce now, according to my doctor, would probably not go well and end up in a c-section (not so good). So we'll continue to wait... and wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment