Monday, June 28, 2010

Week two!

I don't have much time to write these days, so I will just give some of the highlights of this week...

Cloth diapering is going VERY well. Eliot is loving it as much as I am, and we've had NO leaks and no rashes. I love not throwing away money with every diaper change and just washing diapers whenever we need more. We figured out that putting a stay-dry doubler on top of a prefold for the longer "nighttime" stretches helps keep his bum dry and less red. :-) I also love putting diapers on the line to sun out the stains (and it sanitizes too!)...it allows me to get outside even for 5 minutes a day, which is a nice change of pace.

James's umbilical cord stump fell off yesterday morning! We were so excited (the things we look forward to these days...). He also will be circumcised on Friday, something I'm not looking forward to... it's hard to see your little boy get poked and prodded. :-( He also has an eye infection that turned out to be resistant to the type of antibiotic that we originally had him on. He seems to be responding to the eye drops we are giving him now, though, so that's good.

As for me, I've lost about 30 lbs since birth and feeling a bit more like myself. James sleeps for 4 hour stretches early in the morning right now, which helps me get some sleep and feel less like weeping (which has happened a bit in the last week). I've had a hard time dealing with company being so exhausted, but getting some sleep last night has really helped.

The garden is producing well, lots of raspberries, strawberries, lettuce, and blueberries. Eliot has been doing a great job maintaining the yard, and the house looks absolutely beautiful.

We are really loving being parents and are enjoying even the midnight feedings. I have the best husband in the world who is will out of a deep sleep to just change a diaper for me so I can stay in bed. He's a really great dad and you can tell how much he loves his son just by looking at him.

That's all I have time for at the moment, I need to go eat something before the little guy needs to eat again. But I have posted additional pics in the existing James album in case anyone is dying for some more cute shots!

James Sebastian Grasso

No comments:

Post a Comment