Saturday, July 10, 2010

Three weeks old!

James is three weeks old today! We went for a walk as a family down by the Willamette River to celebrate. I can't believe it's been three weeks... he's growing up so fast!

Here are some pics from the day's activities:









We had our first successful trip out in public today that included breastfeeding and changing outside the home. James did very well, and it helped save my sanity a bit to be out in the fresh air and have a change of environment.

I'd also like to add that I think the crying the other night was related to a growth spurt, as last night he went back to his 3-hour feeding schedule. YAY! I am hoping we can just skip the whole purple crying thing, God willing. Eliot and I are starting to adjust to the new pace of life and things are getting easier day by day. I am still recovering, as I am reminded every time I forget to take my pain pills, but doing much better than I was. If I could only get 6 hours of sleep in a row...

I'm pretty sure James is gaining weight as he is already outgrowing some of his newborn clothes and his newborn diaper covers are getting smaller. It breaks my heart to have to put away the tiny onesies that he only wore once (if that), but I know it's a good thing that he is growing. :-)

Gotta run, time for another feeding (and a bit of watching "A League of Their Own"...There's no crying in baseball!).

No comments:

Post a Comment