Well, things are progressing in the "prepare for baby" part of our lives. Last weekend I went to my dad's house and helped him make custom-made shelves that are in the shape of branches for the tree mural we will be painting on the nursery wall. Here are a few pics from when we were priming the shelves:
We are going for this kind of look in the end, though probably in the corner and not the center of the wall:
We haven't figured out what we are going to do for the rest of the murals yet, but we'll be thinking about it in the next few weeks. This weekend, Eliot, Mom, and Jodi painted the nursery with a "green tea" paint and it looks great! I'll save the picture till the mural is done, but I am so grateful that the nursery is starting to look like a nursery instead of the guest room. I am also grateful for my painting crew! Thanks everyone!!
My other project this week has been to make some newborn fleece soaker covers to go over the prefold diapers and give us some options this summer for diaper covers. Here is what we came up with....
The first attempt with some extra fleece I had laying around:
And the other four I made after we went to pick out fabric!
I will probably spend part of this week making small sizes from the same fleece so we have the prints for awhile. They are pretty quick and easy. :-)