Saturday, April 10, 2010

31 weeks! Little naval oranges!!

I am 31 weeks today! Goodness, time flies! I spent the entire morning with Eliot battling the crowds and waiting in line (for 3 hours) at the Fred Meyer Fuchsia sale. We got 22 fuchsias, 13 geraniums, and three packets of seeds for $23. :-) AND they planted them for us in (free) premium potting soil in planters we brought with us (4 hanging pots and 4 ground pots). So, overall, a pretty good deal.

We had no idea it was going to be a 3 hour line... I found myself a folding chair so I didn't have to stand the whole time, and Eliot went home and got some coffee and extra pots while I was waiting in line (and still had lots of time to spare). When we got there at 9:15am (15 min after the start of the event) there was already a line 30 people long and the fuchsias were going fast. We jumped right in and got our pick... by 10am there were NO fuchsias left to be found, only some generic geraniums! It was a circus, but it was fun. And now we have all our pots taken care of for the whole summer!

I also planted some lettuce seeds in the garden and some cilantro in my herb pots... my oregano is doing really well outside, as is the sage and rosemary. Who says you can't garden in the 3rd trimester? I feel like if I can do it now, I should be able to harvest the plunder in a few months with a baby wrapped up next to my chest, no problem!

Speaking of baby, here is what is going on with our little one this week:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.




They aren't kidding when they say he's moving a lot... he's always twisting, turning, punching, kicking, or stretching, sometimes making it really uncomfortable for me! Oh well, I can't blame him, he's running out of room.

Now that I've conquered the fuchsia sale, it's time for a much-deserved snack and maybe a nap. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment