Thursday, April 1, 2010

The hunt for a pediatrician...

The last time I was my OB doc (2 weeks ago), she asked if I had found a pediatrician yet. This is something I should have done LAST month but have been putting it off... and putting it off... basically because I was at a total loss about where to start. Well, I finally got some recommendations and now have a consultation appt! We'll be meeting with our potential pediatrician on April 23rd and I have a list of questions I can ask her.

From reading her short bio on the peace health website, it seems she shares some of our parenting philosophies like breastfeeding and attachment parenting (the latter is where you "wear" your baby and pick them up and cuddle them rather than using a cry-it-out method). I am excited to meet her and see if she will be a good fit for our family, at least for the next year we are here.

I am just really relieved that if my doctor asks about our pediatrician tomorrow at our appointment I can say, "We have a consultation appt set up for the 23rd!" :-)

In other preggo news, I am feeling pretty dizzy these days when I stand up and walk around. I am hoping this is all normal, but I will ask my doc about it tomorrow as it is interfering with me getting anything done these days.

We are also finished with our birth class, which went really well and I feel like I learned a lot of helpful info to get me through labor.

I am going to go enjoy the sunshine while we have it... tomorrow it is supposed to pour and have high winds up to 50mph!

For now, I'll leave you with this preview shot from my maternity shoot with Lindy... she did an amazing job and I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment