Saturday, April 24, 2010

33 weeks! Little pineapple!!

I am 33 weeks today! And I am really starting to feel it, let me tell you. I'm starting to feel a bit more urgency towards getting my bags packed, and my dreams are almost all about labor and delivery (last night I had boy triplets, and one of them didn't make it :-(). I am also pretty uncomfortable almost all the time, and poor Eliot's be living in a house with a thermostat set at 66 degrees or so because that's as hot as I can take it! We will probably have to put in the air conditioners for the 70-degree days ahead.

I made a couple maternity tank tops out of old XL shirts dad gave us... one says "You wanna piece of me?" right across the baby bump (hehe!). I made them ruched on the sides so I can wear them post-pregnancy for awhile (though they will be nice and loose, perfect for breastfeeding!

Anyway, here is what's happening this week with our little one:

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment